One of the goals of the club is to continue to grow and, as always, we welcome new members in order to achieve this goal. Please join us at a future meeting for lectures on gardening, answers to gardening questions, member knowledge transfer and coffee and donuts. Membership is not required to attend but being a member provides many benefits.
Benefits of Membership
- Master the intricacies of gardening in Southwest Florida
- Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of gardening in a sub-tropical climate
- Keep up to date on all of the events planned by the club
- Be part of the planning activity of the events the club schedules
- Participate in the selection process for speakers and field trips that are arranged
- Attend our business meetings and be part of the process that chooses and votes on community projects that we participate in
- Become part of our plant propagation team and master the art of propagating plants for your garden
- Question the experts on how to make cuttings, divide plants, train vines, prune citrus and more
- Get knowledgeable answers to your questions on what to buy and what to plant
- Understand how the local climate will require a change in your gardening needs
- Ask members about soil resources, the use of fertilizers, the importance of watering and the various options to rid your garden of pests
- Travel on field trips to learn from experienced professionals the best ways of growing palm trees, bushes, vines, bamboo, citrus trees, succulents, bromeliads and vegetables
Our membership ranges from the very inexperienced gardener, who has just moved to Florida, to the experienced long-time resident. One will find that there is something for everyone at the meetings. Join today and start mastering gardening in Southwest Florida.
If you are interested in joining please fill in the interactive application form below and click the “Submit” button. If you prefer to mail your application to us, click here for a printable PDF of our Membership Application. The completed application form may be brought to a meeting or mailed. (This is a printable “PDF” file. If your computer does not have Adobe Reader, click here to go to the Adobe website to download it so you can open PDF files.)
Application for Membership
Complete the form below and click the “Submit” button at the bottom of this page. We will forward your application to the Family Garden Club of Englewood, FL.
We would appreciate it if you would take a few moments to answer the following questions. Please be assured that we do not share or sell personal information about you except when we have your permission.